PowerPoint Diagram Template: Modular Multilevel Converter (MMC)
Use this customizable diagram in your reports, online classes or courses, projects, eBooks, books, infographics, presentations, thesis, papers, etc. The Choice is yours. Watch the animated version of this diagram here.
Instant Download. This diagram (.pptx file, i.e. PowerPoint file) will be available for download once payment is confirmed.
A three-phase MMC is composed of three phase units. Each phase unit is composed of two arms. Every arm is composed of one valve, one reactor and one resistor. The reactor limits circulating and fault currents whilst the resistor accounts for converter losses. Every valve is composed of a number of submodules (SMs) connected in series, typically 200 or more per valve and therefore 400 per phase unit. There are two types of submodules that can be implemented in a MMC: the Half-Bridge (HB) and the Full-Bridge (FB). Some advantages and drawbacks are present within the converter depending on which type of submodule is implemented. Particularly, if HB submodules are implemented, only one DC output voltage polarity is possible. If FB submodules are implemented, the DC voltage can be either positive or negative. Additionally, the implementation of HB submodules is incapable of suppressing DC-side faults whereas the implementation of FB submodules allows suppression of DC side faults [Chaudhary et al., 2020; Gontijo et al., 2020; Martinez-Rodrigo et al., 2017; Shu et al., 2020].
Based on information from:
[Chaudhary et al., 2020] Chaudhary, S.K.; Cupertino, A.F.; Teodorescu, R.; Svensson, J.R. Benchmarking of Modular Multilevel Converter Topologies for ES-STATCOM Realization. Energies 2020, 13, 3384.
[Gontijo et al., 2020] Gontijo, G.; Wang, S.; Kerekes, T.; Teodorescu, R. New AC–AC Modular Multilevel Converter Solution for Medium-Voltage Machine-Drive Applications: Modular Multilevel Series Converter. Energies 2020, 13, 3664.
[Martinez-Rodrigo et al., 2017] Martinez-Rodrigo, F.; Ramirez, D.; Rey-Boue, A.B.; De Pablo, S.; Herrero-de Lucas, L.C. Modular Multilevel Converters: Control and Applications. Energies 2017, 10, 1709.
[Shu et al., 2020] Shu, H.; An, N.; Yang, B.; Dai, Y.; Guo, Y. Single Pole-to-Ground Fault Analysis of MMC-HVDC Transmission Lines Based on Capacitive Fuzzy Identification Algorithm. Energies 2020, 13, 319.
Return & Refund Policy
Use this customizable diagram in your reports, online classes or courses, projects, eBooks, books, infographics, presentations, thesis, papers, etc. The Choice is yours.
- Editable diagram in PowerPoint format (it can be opened and edited using PowerPoint 2013 or later versions)
- Fully editable with resizable vector elements
- Change the color of grapichs and text using the PowerPoint editor
- Ideal for reports, online classes or courses, projects, eBooks, books, infographics, presentations, thesis, papers, etc. The Choice is yours.
- Slide dimensions: 16:9 widescreen landscape (width: 33.867cm, height: 19.05cm)
- Watch the animated version of this diagram here.
- The "Jecasa Ltd" watermark is not present in the final diagram that you will receive.
Return & Refund Policy:
- We don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations on digital products. But please contact us if you have any problems with your order.